Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2016

President Trump: Social Media users react

After a long, long night of being strapped to my laptop and other devices I have had a nap and am feeling refreshed. I was hoping that I would wake up and discover that President Trump was just some horrible nightmare, but to my horror, no, it happened, Donald J Trump will be the 45th President of the United States, and I somehow have to just accept it.

This blog post is going to be a bit more light hearted though! Just like after the Brexit vote, I think all of us more left wing, forward thinking people need a bit of cheering up. But I will be posting a more serious, reflection on the nights events in the coming hours, but for the purposes of this post I will look at how social media has reacted to President Elect Trump.

Here are my top five responses...

1, Kevin! Yes that's right Donald Trump was in 'Home Alone 2' and he did more for Kevin than he'll do for the United States.


2, Meanwhile some decided to have their own go at creating a classic Donald Trump, fascist red cap.


3, Meanwhile Democrat Bernie Sanders, who ran against Hillary Clinton in the race to become the Democrat candidate, thought it was the perfect time to cash in. Mr Money in the Bank! (The WWE fans will get it).


4, Others turned to The Simpsons, and how they Predicted a Trump Presidency, showing Lisa Simpson taking over after 4 years of the Donald. The Simpsons always seem to predict these things, more investigation into Matt Groening is required I feel (what else does he know?).



5, Any my personal favourite reaction on social media was from Sebastian from Portland, Oregon, a state which gave all seven of its electoral college votes to Hillary Clinton. Sebastian is LGBT and had an interesting offer for me...


Desperate times in the United States!

For more commentary on the Election follow me on Twitter - @SamWiseSW

3 comments:

  1. I'm also a Pennsylvania native, which normally votes Democratic; imagine my horror...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Socialengine Installation allows you to answer them in public. According to survey, 71% of customers who get quick response on social media recommend that brand to others.
    Collaborate Online

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music may have began to wean away from area connected with set up organizations such as the Chapel, coliseums, or residence and into the roads during the Renaissance time period, the magical epoch connected with experimentation and exploration. buyscplays.com

    ReplyDelete