Pages

Friday 11 August 2017

Ellen talks about bullying from Hollywood when she came out as lesbian in the 90's

Ellen DeGeneres has revealed how she faced bullied when she came out as a lesbian in the 1990's.

She first openly discussing her sexuality during an interview with Oprah.

The decision to come out left Ellen without a sitcom, no longer a mainstream comedian, and even facing protests outside ABC Studios, with religious groups demanding she be taken off air.

Here's what she had to say about it recently:

"The bullying I endured after I came out, made up for the lack of it during my childhood."

"I moved out of LA, went into a severe depression, started seeing a therapist and ha to go on anti-depressants for the first time in my life."

"It was scary and lonely. All I'd known for 30 years was work, and all of a sudden I had nothing."

"Plus, I was mad, it didn't feel fair - I was the same person everyone had always known."

"Anger and aggression weaken you, because they take so much energy to hold in place."

"But kindness is a strength, that makes you more serene."

The TV host has always spoke out when it comes to bullying, here's what she had to say on the issue after a number of tragedies in 2010:

No comments:

Post a Comment